Learn AthleticLIVE Webinars
If you're getting started with AthleticLIVE, you found the right page. These webinars explain how AthleticLIVE works and can help you learn how get the most out of AthleticLIVE.
Webinar 1 - Track and Field Basics: Create an AthleticLIVE Meet and connect HyTek and FinishLynx
When: April 29, 2020 - 8PM ET
- Create a meet on AthleticLIVE. Review all of the options timers have when creating AthleticLIVE meets. We’ll run through the entire Create a Meet form and explain each feature. You’ll use some every meet, and you’ll only use others once in a blue moon.
- Upload live results from HyTek. Upload teams, a schedule, and entries before your meet. Upload results during your meet. If you’re not doing FinishLynx, we’ll show how you can upload heat-by-heat results for a more real-time feel.
- Upload real-time results from FinishLynx. As you mark results in FinishLynx, watch them instantly appear on the live scoreboard.
Webinar 2 - FinishLynx Fun: Splits, Live Standings, and Qualifiers
When: May 6, 2020 - 8PM ET
- Splits: We’ll give a brief overview of how to do splits in FinishLynx and how they look on the AthleticLIVE real-time scoreboard. We’ll also give tips on how to program your mouse to collect splits more efficiently.
- Compiled results: When you have multi-heat events, show unofficial results while the event is in progress.
- Real-time qualifiers with bubble time: When you’re on a qualifying event, give everyone up-to-the-second information about current qualifiers and what an athlete must do to reach qualifying position
Webinar 3 - Advanced Features: Protest Management, Athletic.net Data, Timer Top 3 Tweets, and more
When: May 13, 2020 - 8PM ET
- Connect your AthleticLIVE and Athletic.net meets: Show team logos, athlete PRs/SRs, and relay SRs.
- Protest Management: For large meets, start a protest period when results are uploaded. If a protest is lodged, change the event status to “Under Protest”. When the protest is resolved, remove the protest status.
- Top 3 Result Tweets: When new results get uploaded, tweet top 3 results to your Twitter account. Allow authorized third-parties to receive these tweets as well (e.g. meet directors, school athletic accounts)
- Custom Notes: Add a custom note to the meet homepage or any event page.
- Score Spreadsheets: Get a breakdown of how a team scored its points.
- Records and Record Breakers: View a meet’s records and anyone who broke a record.
Webinar 4 - Automatically export finish line images from FinishLynx as you mark times
When: May 20, 2020 - 8PM ET
- Download AthleticLIVE Local: Our middleware program, AthleticLIVE Local, must be installed on one of your timing computers.
- Review Settings: We’ll explain how to configure your image export settings to create the perfect image.
- Generate test images: Before turning on image export, make sure everything is connected correctly.
- Watch it happen: See your images appear on-screen. View athlete and event finish lines photos after uploading final results.
- Why should I show finish line images?: Many timers are hesitant to show these images without prior review. We’ll explain why you should put that hesitation to rest.
Webinar 5 - Field Scoreboards
When: May 27, 2020 - 8PM ET
- Setup: Configure FieldLynx to send real-time and compiled scoreboard data through AthleticLIVE Local.
- Event Scoreboards: See how a shot put, high jump, and decathlon javelin looks while it is in progress.
- Up Now and Last Mark: Quickly view the last athlete’s mark and the next athlete on deck.
- Compiled Standings: No matter how many flights there are, you can see up-to-the-second standings based on all flights.
- Flight Sheets: View marks in flight order.
- Field Dashboard: View all in-progress events from a single dashboard. Great for announcers.
Webinar 6 - Cross County Scoreboards and Real-time Team Scores
When: June 3, 2020 - 8PM ET
- XC vs Track: See what’s different between track & field and cross country on AthleticLIVE.
- Small races without splits: Setup an XC individual and team scoreboard for races without splits and less than 300 people. Very similar to track scoreboards.
- Big races with or without splits: Deliver reliable real-time individual and team results for races with splits and/or very large fields.
- Live Team Scores: Display real-time team scores on your physical boards at a meet.