Macros must be enabled in order for the EMMxc to work properly.
If you aren't sure if your macros are enabled, try clicking a menu button in the EMMxc. If the menu button works, then macros are enabled. If not, then they are disabled and you'll need to follow these instructions.
When you see the following dialog after opening the EMMxc, click "Enable Macros."
If you do not see this dialog box, then you will need to set your security settings to "Medium."To do this:
- Click Tools > Macro > Security
- Change the "Security Level" to "Medium."
- You will then need to close and re-open the EMMxc - clicking the "Enable Macros" button this time.
Upon opening the EMMxc you should see the following bar at the top of your screen. Click "Options" and then click "Enable this content" and then "OK."
If you instead see the see the following dialog after opening the EMMxc, click "Enable Macros."
If you do not see either of these dialog box, then you will need to change your trust settings.To do this:
- Click The Office Button (Big button-top left) > Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings
- Under Macro Settings, choose "Disable all macros with notification"
- Under ActiveX Settings, choose "Prompt me before enabling all controls with minimal restrictions"
- You will then need to close and re-open the EMMxc.