Display XC Team Scores on ResulTV
- AthleticLIVE Local (2.5.8 or greater)
Team scores are taken from FinishLynx LIF files. Configure LIFs to autosave during your race by changing a hidden setting:
- Click "File"
- Hold Ctrl + Shift and click "Options".
- Click the "+" next to "Database".
- Click the "+" next to "LIF".
- Click "AutoSave".
- Enter "5". (This will update scores every 5 seconds)
- Click "OK"
- Restart FinishLynx.
- (Download ALiveXCScoreList.rss). Save this file in C:\ResulTV
- Add a Source
- Click File -> Options -> Sources. Click "New".
- Set "Script" to "ALiveXCScoreList.rss"
- Set "Name" to "ALiveXCScoreList".
- Set "Code Set" to "Single Byte"
- Set "Serial Port" to "Network (listen)".
- Set "Port" to the Port of your choice. If you're not sure, use 5891.
- Configure other options for your own needs.
- Create a .rtv File to show Team Scores. Click here to download an example file, ALiveXCScoreList.rtv.
- Available fields are as follows:
- Max Scorers
- Total Time
- Avg Time
NOTE: When you create a field, make sure to explicitly set the source to ALiveXCScoreList.
Create a ResulTV Output in AthleticLIVE Local
AthleticLIVE Local needs a few variables in order to send data to ResulTV.
Open AthleticLIVE Local, click "ResulTV" in the left menu, then click "XC Score List". Click "Create a new XC Score List Output".
Fill out the following fields:
- ID - Unique ID for this output.
- Event Number - The FinishLynx event number.
- Event Name - The FinishLynx event name.
- Scorers - The number of athletes that score. Usually 5.
- Displacers - The number of athletes that displace. Usually 2.
- Tiebreaker - "nfhs" or "ncaa".
- ResulTV Host - The IP of the computer running ResulTV. If AthleticLIVE Local runs on the same computer as ResulTV, enter 127.0.0.1.
- ResulTV Port - Enter the port that you entered into the ResulTV Source. If you used our recommendation, enter 5891.
- LIF File Name - Enter the full path of the LIF you want to use to display team scores. If you're creating this output before the race starts, the file might not yet exist. Most likely, your FinishLynx is set to save LIFs in this format ([3 digit event number]-[1 digit round number]-[2 digit heat number].lif). For example, event 4, round 1, heat 2 would read as 004-1-01.lif.
- Split Number - 1 for split 1, 2 for split 2. Write "finish" for the finish. "finish" must be all lower case.
- Paging Size - How many teams you want to show each time ResulTV refreshes.
- Paging Max - Once ResulTV pages to this number, it will reset to the first score. Leave this blank if you want to show all teams.
- Paging Time - How long will a page appear before it changes to another page. As of version 2.5.8, We read the LIF every time a new page appears.
- Show Partial Teams? - If checked, this will show team scores for a team before they have a full complement of scorers. WARNING: These scores will not look like your meet management system's final scores because they contain incomplete teams.
- Use Event Settings Name (Requires version 2.5.10) - By default, we send the LIF event name to ResulTV. If you use this setting, we'll send the "Event Name" field in this row. For example, you could set the Event Name to "Boys 5K - 1 Mile". That would be send to ResulTV instead of the LIF's event name.
Click Start next to any ResulTV Output to start sending data from the LIF file to ResulTV. Make sure to only have one output sending to one ResulTV at any time.
Example Use Cases
Use Case 1 - Display the top 5 results and refresh scores every 5 seconds.
- Set paging time and refresh time to 5.
Use Case 2 - Show the top 20 results, 5 at a time, every 5 seconds
- Set paging time to 5 and refresh time to 20. This ensures that you see all 20 teams before refreshing the LIF.
Upload a CSV spreadsheet of ResulTV Outputs
Instead of adding ResulTV Outputs one by one, create a spreadsheet and upload it to AthleticLIVE Local.
Here is a template with the following common example: 1 race with 3 different outputs - the 1 mile, the 2 mile, and the 5k.: XCScoreListOutputs.csv