Quick Start Guide for Event Managers/Timers
Congratulations and Welcome to the AthleticNET community! Now that you have created an account, you may be wondering, “What do I do now?” Athletic.net is one of the most powerful tools an Event Manager or professional timer can have. It allows you to post information about a meet, collect registrations and entry fees, and post results in one place. Here are some of the most popular features that Event Managers and Timers need. Here is a collection of help articles to get you started.
If you're an Event Manager who's brand new to AthleticNET, create an individual account on AthleticNET, then visit our Team Creation Wizard to get your Event Manager page going.
We highly recommend that Event Managers and professional timers have a Team Supporter account. While basic meet hosting functionality is available for those with free accounts, many of the advanced features are only available to Team Supporters. For more information, see the Site Supporter Features section.
- Creating a New Meet
- Meet Setup Part 1 (first in a series of how to set up a meet from scratch on Athletic.net)
- Adding a Meet to Your Calendar
- Add Yourself as Host/Add a Co-Host (for meets that have already been added to the Athletic.net master calendar)
- Managing Meet Invitations (invite teams to attend a meet)
- Importing Meet Entries—Hy-Tek Meet Manager
- Event Advanced Options
- Entry Fee Setup (collect entry fees using Athletic.net as a credit card processor)
- Event Participant Invoice Management
- Uploading Track & Field Results #1: Overview (first in a series on how to upload results)
- HyTek - Meet Manager (getting the best format of results out of HyTek MM)