RunMeet: Setup and Settings
In order to use RunMeet features on your meet, you'll need to configure some options first. This allows the RunMeet features such as seeding and reporting to respond properly to the way you want your meet run.
After you've completed meet setup (see Creating a Track & Field Meet #1: Introduction), you'll see RunMeet at the top of the Manage Meet screen. Clicking on RunMeet will open a list of features. Click on Start Now to begin configuring your settings.
Initial Setup/Global Settings
Clicking on Start Now will begin a synchronization process that will take a few moments. After that's completed, you'll be presented with the first of a few configuration screens.
This first screen will ask you about details of your meet in order to properly configure the running events.
- Lanes (Oval): Select the number of lanes on your track that go all the way around the track.
- Lanes (Straightaway): If your track has a different number of lanes on the home stretch versus the rest of the track, enter that number here. For example, you may have six lanes around the whole track, but eight on the home straightaway. If you have the same number of lanes all the way around the track, the number here should match the number of lanes in the oval above.
- Heat Assignment: Select how runners are assigned to their heats.
- Seed Time: Runners will be organized into heats based on similar seed times.
- Random: Runners will be randomly assigned to heats.
- Heat Order: Select in which order you'd like to run heats.
- Fast-to-Slow: Heats with the fastest athletes will be run first.
- Slow-to-Fast: Heats with the slowest athletes will be run first.
- Timing Method: Select whether the times you'll enter for results will be generated by a Fully Automatic Timing system, or by hand-timing. If you select hand timing, a conversion factor will be applied to the results when they are posted to Athletic.net. See Hand Time Conversion Standards for more information.
When you're done, click Next .
The following screen will ask about details of your meet in order to properly configure field events.
- Flight Size - Horizontal Events: Select the default number of competitors you'd like to appear in horizontal events (long jump, triple jump, and all throws). This setting may be altered later and each event may be customized individually.
- Flight Size - Vertical Events: Select the default number of competitors you'd like to appear in vertical events (high jump and pole vault). This setting may be altered later and each event may be customized individually.
- Flight Assignment: Select how competitors are assigned into flights.
- Seed Mark: Competitors will be organized into flights based on similar seed marks.
- Random: Competitors will be randomly assigned to flights.
- Flight Order: Select the order in which you'd like flights to compete.
- Worst-to-Best: Flights containing athletes with the worst seed marks will compete first.
- Best-to-Worst: Flights containing athletes with the best seed marks will compete first.
- Position Assignment: Select how the competitors within each flight should be organized.
- Worst-to-Best: Athletes with the worst seed marks will be at the beginning of the competition order.
- Best-to-Worst: Athletes with the best seed marks will be at the beginning of the competition order.
- Measurement: Select whether your field events will be measured in Metric (meters and centimeters) or English (feet and inches).
When you're done, click Next .
The last screen you'll be presented with will be a scoring configuration screen.
- Use Scoring: Check the box if the meet should be scored.
- Score Each Division Differently: If you'd like to have different scoring configurations for different divisions (i.e., Varsity, JV, etc), check this box. You'll be presented with a dropdown menu allowing you to select which division the scoring configuration applies to.
- Scoring Style: Select Standard for multi-team invitational meets where a single list of scoring teams is compiled. Select Dual for dual and double-dual meets where each team will be scored against each other team competing.
- Places: Select how many top placers will score.
- Point Values: Enter the point values for each place for individual events and relay events.
When you've completed this, click Done and you will be taken to the seeding screen. For information on how to customize each event's settings or how to manually seed an event, see RunMeet: Seeding.